Saturday, June 5, 2010

Arlington Airport Run #2

I put on the second annual Arlington Airport Run on June 5th. We had about 100 runners, and raised about $2300 for cap scholarships. It was a stressful day, but I think we made some great progress this year, and learned a lot about how to make this a huge success in the future. I got to the course at 9am and there were runners waiting for me there so excited to get going. The race started at 11am and although we felt like chickens with their heads cut off, everything went very smoothly. I’m so excited to be able to give camp scholarships out again this year. Next year we are going to do the race a little closer to the camp date so that the kids feel a little more urgency in getting people to sign up for the race.

No comments:

Post a Comment