Monday, May 9, 2011

La Quinta

Keith and I just got back from La Quinta (Palm Springs) we got to go there to visit a friend and committee member.  I hadn't spent much time with them before our trip but it didn't bother me, I'd do anything to escape this rain!  We were welcomed so lovingly into their home.  Sigh* I want to go back.  The weather was in the high 90's ad low 100's while we were there.  Keith and I stepped off the airplane and giggled, it's like mexico except we can drink the water and everyone speaks English.  Among our adventures we went to The Living Desert. A desert zoo where I got to ride a camel!  We went to a street fair where they sold everything from cars to tacos to patio furniture to knock off purses (I got the seatbelt purse I've been eying for the last two years at 20% of the price of the original).  We swam in the pool a lot and Keith even got to go golfing.  Most importantly we just relaxed and laid low.  It was a great trip and a great refreshing time.  Thank you Kit and Mary for having us!  Nolan is sick, really sick.  I knwe he had a fever while we were there so we kept giving him some ibuprofen and it seemed to work.  I took him into the Dr today and he has a double ear infection and a sore throat.  I feel so bad for him.  We have him on antiboitics now and he should be feeling better soon.  As I write this he is sleeping.  He took a two hour nap this morning and we have just passed 3 hours this afternoon.  Poor Guy :-(

No comments:

Post a Comment