Wednesday, September 22, 2010

The scariest moment as a parent so far

Tonight just like every night we put Nolan to bed in his crib. I wasn't very tired so I was still awake looking at facebook on my phone exile Keith was asleep. Nolan had been in bed for about 2 hours when he started screaming, not crying, screaming. I rushed in there to try and calm him but realized right away that there would be no calming here I scooped him up and immediately stared a shushing rock but he screamed and screamed. I couldn't get him to wake up he was crying so hard almost to the point of hyperventilating. Keith can running in he must have heard me saying "wake up Nolan wake up" through the monitor. I set him on the changing table and started to quickly take off his pajamas, now trying not to start crying myself I felt very helpless. My mind started to think about the emergency room and all the possibilities. I took off his diaper that had just ben wet and that seemed to help. That's when we realize that he has a small cut or crack on his (sorry to be crude) sack. He is still sobbing. I ran and found the aquaphor while Keith held comforted him and shushed him. What could we do? We found a spare of the old kind of diaper we used on him since we just switched to a new brand today. As I was running around looking for the diaper bag he peed again all over him pajamas but settled down a bit.
We are all in bed now. Keith asleep Nolan asleep. I'm wide awake terrified he's going to wake up in that pain again and knowing there really isn't anything I can do about it. Is this what they meant when he was born, " congratulations, you'll never get a good nights sleep again"

No comments:

Post a Comment