Sunday, February 27, 2011

Epic Fail


We are spending the weekend at young life's breakaway lodge. It is in seaside Oregon, and as you can imagine,the coast is not at it's finest in February. I decided I needed to go for a walk and get a mocha and take nolan to see the sand and the waves before we leave in a couple of hours. There was a light mist (other places might call this rain). We had a nice walk to the coffee shop and as we left the rain picked up and kept getting worse, and worse, and worse. I do want to say that Nolan was in his "bubble" waterproof stroller cover so he wasn't experiencing the elements quite like I did. We did find the water, or a path that led to the water. I could see the waves a couple hundred yards away. They were pretty enough. At this point the wind was howling and my "winter" pants were soaked through. I walked down the road that I thought would take us back to the lodge, but we were on the wrong street. Luckily Keith pulled up in the car after a few minutes of walking and gave us a lift back.

Epic fail trying to see the waves.

Hopefully when we are here for a month in June the weather will be a little nicer.

No comments:

Post a Comment