Friday, September 11, 2009

Swimming baby

Keith and I went to the doctor on Wednesday for our first visit. After waiting for what seemed like forever for the office to find my file we were ushered into the exam room. The Doctors assistant came in and we were able to have an ultrasound. Right away she started clicking on the screen and saying hum... (It is never reassuring when a doctor says hum.)

She asked how far along I thought I was and I told her 9 1/2 weeks. She laughed a little bit and said, well you are 13 1/2 weeks. Her excitement was pretty obvious, I guess most peoples first ultrasound is nothing more than a blob on a screen. We could actually wee a silhouette of the baby's face and we could see its spine. At one point we could see the little heart beating and we could definitely hear it. It was so cool to be able to see it swimming around a lot. I almost asked her if that was really inside of me (of course it is) because I cant feel anything at all. It is awesome!
Pretty exciting. My due date is Mid-March now.

No comments:

Post a Comment